Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Smart Women Marry Money

This is not a very popular or politically correct statement, but it's true.  One of the things I've been struggling to wrap my head around since starting this program, is that when all is said and done I will be in about $80,000 worth of debt including my undergratuate loans that have been so graciously deferred now that I'm back in school.  If I plan on paying that off in 10 years, that's about $900 a month (or what I know pay in rent).  Should I not marry money, or remain single, I shall be in my forties, living with a roommate, struggling with debt.  What a life!  All this, while my bosses are buying 2.5 million dollar homes and $80,000 SUVs (note: they're white men in their thirties and forties with wives who don't work). 

Theoretically, I'm getting my MBA because there is a proven ROI (Return On Investment).  I will more than make up for the $60,000+ I'm spending on this education in the increase salary I will command with those three little letters after my name.  In theory.... 

I obviously think getting my MBA is worth it.  I'm convinced I need it in order to leap frog to the kind of professional level I strive to be at and grow myself personally.  I wouldn't be doing this if I truly thought all I ever needed was a man and an endless bank account to make me happy.  I'm just saying... it makes sense!

No comments: