Friday, September 10, 2010

The Dreaded Grind...

I had three weeks off to catch up with friends, do a little shopping, finish some *fall* cleaning, and read brainless books.  After nearly a month of relaxation and a little weekend away in Palm Springs with the girls, it's back to school.  And work.  And the rest of life.

School, work, gym, laundry, friends, studying, sleeping, eating... not enough time in the week.  I know I get bored and obsessive when school isn't in session because part of me needs to be super structured and scheduled, but the start of a new semester is usually a little bit overwhelming because I haven't quite gotten into the swing of things yet. 

I haven't even had extra time to blog because I've been so caught up catching up.  And it kinda felt good to do nothing for a little bit, knowing that it wasn't going to last long.  Last semester I went home to Michigan for almost a week and felt like I fell behind right away. I struggled in my finance class up until the very end and I know this is NOT going to be the easiest semester. 

I bought a new Kate Spade planner (swoon!) but my computer bag isn't in yet and I haven't found a new wallet (the old one broke and the outlets this weekend were of no help).  Strangely enough, it's those little things that help me feel in control.  Knowing everything is in its proper place and having a to-do list calm me down when the the minutia of everyday life feel a little overwhelming. 

So before the weekend, my piles of ironing, the grocery store, a friend's band, game night, a long run and some errands get in the way, I'm going to publish this post that has taken me the better part of a week to write.  I know you're just dying to hear about my oh-so-exciting life so I promise to get back in to the swing of things first thing on Monday.  Or something like that.

No comments: