Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Finals Week

So it's finally here - my first finals week of bschool. And what do you know.... it's kinda anti-climactic. My quant final was two weeks ago and I know I won't really have a problem writing 3 1/2 hours worth of organizational behavior essays if I put in a few hours of studying. But therein lies my problem - I'm either completely over or under-whelmed. Why can't I just be whelmed? I’m not a very even-keeled person by nature; I always have a ton on my plate and like it that way. I take on large projects because I’m bored easily – I’m an anxious busy-body. What on earth am I going to do with myself when I’m not crazy busy with school and work for a month? I mean, it is the holidays and there are definitely enough activities to keep me occupied, but I have like six weeks of down time.

Truth be told, part of me is really sad for this to be over with already. Like I’ve said before, I absolutely adore my classmates and not one part of me ever expected that. I thought Pepperdine was for old lame people. HA! We’ve definitely hung out outside of school and done our fair share of imbibing (I mean….celebrating) together. We’re diverse, yet we have so much in common. We’re forced to work together (as opposed to more competitive programs where the atmosphere is completely different) and I’ve come to realize I have some very interesting - and cool – classmates. Working forty hours plus school and group projects on top of a social life really takes it toll some weeks. And the days I really dread leaving the house at 7:30am and not getting home until at least 10:30pm, I know that I will at least have someone to roll my eyes at during class. I don’t know that this would have been such a smooth transition without this kind of support system. So the bigger question is what am I going to do without my new school friends for six weeks?

 

No comments: