Monday, March 22, 2010

An (Almost) Perfect Saturday

This weekend was just like any other. Except that I didn't really have plans. And by plans I mean a night out with the ladies, a designated date night with the boy.  Basically, some sort of "event".  After a full week of work, classes and a brief St. Patty's Day celebration, I was mentally and physically exhausted so my singular goal for the weekend included sleep. 

Friday night I was early to bed.  I braved traffic, went to see the boy after work and by 9pm we had only managed to pick up some Thai take-out for a little living room floor picinic.  I think I was asleep before the dishes were even done because I had to get up early for my much overdue haircut. 

It was a hazy but sunny and mild Saturday in LA and although I would have liked nothing more than to sleep in and go for a hike, errands called.  The bank, Macy's for a dress (yay! - the one I liked online actually fit) and sunglasses, Target for the essentials, Ralph's for milk and apples, and back to campus for a group project.  I even had a big ole onion and a can of San Marzano tomatoes in the cupboard so I whipped up my favorite amazingly simple pasta sauce recipe to entice myself into doing my taxes and laundry.  (Notice I didn't run.  We/I need to fix that ASAP.)

Unlike last semester, this time around I have a few weeks of down time between midterms and finals.  And I'm fully taking advantage of the timing.  I'm headed to Vegas in a few short days to celebrate a birthday (read: lay by the pool for endless blissful hours) and am obviously allowing myself less structure. 

I was harnessing my chi, watching some Real Housewives, reading cookbooks, getting all that annoying stuff accomplished and feeling pretty good about myself.  And then my "check engine" light came on...

No comments: