Monday, October 26, 2009

8 Weeks In...

I'm having a really hard time comprehending that I've been in school for two months now.  It feels like just yesterday I was going to orientation and getting lost in the halls (surprisingly not hard to do even at 27 and in an office building).  I managed to survive midterms despite some personal drama and in two weeks I get to register for next semester's classes.  It hasn't been the easiest 8 weeks of my life, but it's really amazing how easily one can just fall back into the routine of working and studying; I don't exactly remember how I kept myself busy before bschool. 

But now it's crunch time.  I have two restests, two cases, three presentations, two papers and two final exams left - and that's all in a matter of six weeks.  I'm already preparing myself for late nights (I will have to break down and call the pizza delivery man one of these days) and Friday nights without my friends.  I'm pretty sure this is one of the last weekends before finals that I will be able to go out twice AND sneak in a run (I signed up for another 1/2 marathon in January). 

I always say that I'm good under pressure.  What this really means is that I'm an excellent procrastinator and can't get much of anything done until I can literally feel the deadline.  Unfortunately, my Quantitative Analysis class has taken up so much time that I haven't been able to start my last two Organizational Behavior papers and have turned to setting my own deadlines in order to conquer those bad boys.  In fact, Quant is so bad I actually dreamt about not finishing my two latest assignments last night.  The last month at work has been overwhelmingly crazy, but this little reprieve couldn't have come at a better time.  The fact that I'm blogging means that I'm not working through my lunches to tackle a ridiculous number of assignments. 

No comments: