Monday, November 16, 2009

Almost There...

I'm not almost there in the sense that I'm finishing up my degree, obviously.  But I'm almost there in that I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.  I am a mere two and a half weeks away from completeing a MAJOR accomplishment and finishing my first semester of business school.  Succesfully (well, hopefully).

As far as I'm concerned, this is my most difficult week of the semester.  I have a quant final tomorrow night and then a presentation and two papers due in three days for OB.  Next week is Thanksgiving and the week after that is an in-class case and an OB written final.  Then I'm done - I can't believe that's it!  I can't believe it's been two months and at no point have I really lost my mind. 

And I have to admit, I kinda love school.  The idea of these student loans is still freaking me out a little, but I'm dealing.  I've made some amazing friends and I would much rather spend my Wednesday nights studying and brainstorming with them, than staying at home and doing laundry (or whatever else I would otherwise do on a weeknight).  I'm really looking forward to next semester's classes because I know I will be learning and growing with these great folks. And I'm honestly excited to take accounting and economics. That's why I went back to school in the first place.

This semester has defied all my expectations. My professors are nothing like I expected, my classes are smaller than what I imagined, the material is a lot more practical, and my classmates are way cooler. When I was invisioning my new adventure back in August, I expected a lonely struggle.  In fact, it has been anything but.  I've had so many positive unexpected surprises that it reminds me of how lucky I am and how things do tend to work out in the end.  Or in the beginning. 

No comments: