Wednesday, January 6, 2010

This Blog

If my lack of recent posts is any indication, it's that I can't quite decide what to do here.  I love blogs.  I love good ones with good stories and lessons.  They make me laugh, they make me think, break up my day. And I think I have some pretty good stories.  I'm going through an awful lot these days and blogs are pretty much a public journal.  I'm not a great writer and I don't always have time to keep up with this thing, but this is a start and I have something to say.... I think.

I thought I would write mostly about school.  But as it turns out, part-time bschool isn't all that exciting. It's been a huge adjustment, but in ways that aren't necessarily tanjible. The majority of my days are still spent at the office and I fear writing about the antics that occur at a commercial real estate brokerage might actually get me fired. 

I could write about my social life.  Like I've said before, I met most of my friends through kickball, meaning that the majority of our time together - atleast initially - was centered around social drinking.  Not exactly something I want the future employer to focus on here, folks.

Or I could write about how a new boy, looking for a new apartment, getting ready for another half marathon in four days and a new semester starting in five days might be the end of me.  I'm oh so worried that none is this is going to work out, but in the back of my mind I know it will.  For better or worse, I'll find an apartment to live in by myself.  I will get through both accounting and economics this semester, with a great deal of help from my classmates.  I will finish the half marathon if I have to crawl across the goal line and my friends, family and coworkers will continue to be amazingly supportive. 

So where should I go with this?  Maybe I'll have more stories to tell this semester... economics and accounting are pretty hilarious afterall.  Being single is my schtick and I'm pretty good at it... there are definitely a few juicy stories there.  The Bandit, Lil Sprout and The Girls are great fodder for a good laugh at the weekend, but I doubt they'd like those stories to be spread around the interwebs... Woof. 

1 comment:

The Ken Blanchard College of Business – Grand Canyon University said...

Thanks for the interesting post. I look forward to reading more in the future.