Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Overly Tired

I am physically and mentally exhausted.  I am getting about six hours of sleep a night and still not getting as much studying done as I need to.  Between the gym, errands, laundry, and writing our group marketing plan on top of going to school, keeping up with my friends and working full time, I need a few more hours in the day.  I don't know if it is the lack of sleep, homesickness or my hormones gone haywire, but my eyes got a little watery this morning as I put together a tour package. 

It does, however, seem to be in the water around here.  Shaum is completely overwhelmed with MBA applications (I would be too if I were applying to four of the top ten schools in the nation) and AJ is apartment hunting with his girlfriend.  None of us know where we'll be in a year and that's daunting in and of itself.  Add to that some everyday stressors and an existential crisis and we've got a winning combination. 

The good news is that I can get things done when I sit down and concentrate.  I got really far on our marketing plan when I put on my iPod, tuned out the world, and wrote.  Hopefully I will be able to do the same thing for finance this weekend.  I need to be able to price bonds and learn the difference between NPV and IRR.  I also have birthday parties to go to and launrty to do, but I guess that's all secondary at this very moment in time.  School is most definitely the priority.

But again, it's a bit bittersweet.  I met some amazing people this time around (one in particular, whom I won't have classes with next semester) and I hate to see another chapter in life end.  I need to continue to remember that things not only happen for a reason, but they happen when they're meant to.  This summer held a lot of deadlines for me and they're getting too close for comfort.  I promised myself that I would enjoy what may very well be my last LA summer.  That I would start really looking for jobs next semester (super scary!) and that I would get it all together in order to make my next transition in life that much more smooth. 

No comments: