Thursday, April 15, 2010

Two Down, Four To Go

I feel like I was just saying how I feel like time flies sometimes.  Especially when it's marked by midterms, papers, quizzes, finals and 14-week semesters.  But really, I'm only a third of the way done?  How do people do this?  When I started eight months ago, two years sounded like an awfully long time to commit to something like this.  Well, an awful long time to commit to anything as far as I'm concerned.  And while part of me feels like I just started, I'm more than ready to be done already. 

It's difficult having a job for which, while I enjoy it most of the time, I'm highly overqualified.  And with the exception of a few close girlfriends, I have little outside of Pepperdine tying me to Los Angeles anymore.  Maybe it's because I'm only two semesters in or because I'm homesick and restless, but I'm ready to move on. Move forward.  Do something. 

I'm definitely one of those people that constantly need a new challenge.  That's why I initially undertook running, running half marathons, and even business school.  I was bored.  And not that work and school and everything else that is going on in my life is boring, but I'm having a difficult time seeing the forest through the trees.  Will all this work one day be worth it?  Do I just keep plugging along and doing my thing? When will I feel like an adult?

I'm hoping this summer I have time to run more and I bought a new camera a few weeks ago because that's something I've been meaning to spend more time with for a while now.  I've decided that I need to be more adventurous and savor every minute I have to lay in the sun, go on hikes, marvel at the ocean, be with my friends, laugh until I cry and make good memories.  I will consciously try to live in the moment and remember that it's all about the journey.  My heart may ache and I may be more anxious than the next person, but I am a lucky, healthy, loved, intelligent, fun girl. 

No comments: